Why a Pyrex baking sheet? It occurred to me, if you have oven proof dishes in borosilicate glass, why wouldn’t you make a baking sheet out of it too? Well Pyrex do. And they’re great.
Here’s their slightly formal (but useful) description… Better than I could do anyway.
– Hygienic material, resistant to scratches: you can cut directly into the dish with no risk of scratches
– Glass transparency: Ideal to check on the progress of your cooking
– Easy cleaning in the dishwasher
The advantages of Pyrex® borosilicate glass:
– Supports extreme temperatures from -40C to + 300C
– Thermal shock resistant up to 220C: Pyrex glass can go directly from the freezer at a temperature of – 20C into the oven at a temperature of 200C
– BPA free, hygienic material that doesn’t retain stains or odors
– Scratch resistant
Oh, and unlike a metal baking sheet, you can cut on this without worrying about scoring or scratching it.
It measures 35x26cm.